Mark Vayman who is a lead program manager on the Home and Small Business Server team has posted details on what is new and improved in Drive Extender for Vail.
Mark highlights the features which have changed since Drive Extender v1, including:
- Drives which are bigger than 2TB can be added to a storage pool.
- For duplicated folders, data is duplicated in real time to two separate drives – there is no hourly migration pass
- All storage operations are performed with very low I/O priority to ensure they don’t interfere with media streaming.
- A new "folder repair" operation is available which runs chkdsk on the folder’s volume.
Also to be added to this list is that the new advanced format (4K sector) hard drives which are now compatible with Drive Extender V2
- A data drive from a storage pool cannot be read on machine not running the “Vail” server software.
You can read the complete list here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: