The beta build of StableBit Scanner for WHS2011, SBS 2011 Essentials, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials and WS2012 Essentials has had an update.
Version 18.104.22.16840 / 2941 has the following change log:
- Added .config setting to further limit the automatic scan window to certain days of the month, as requested. (See Scheduler_LimitToDaysOfMonth)
- Added option to only scan on certain days of the week, as requested.
- Rewrote the way that we associate disk check metadata and disk settings with disks.
Previously we only used the disk signature that is located in the MBR or GPT to uniquely identify disks in order to associate past disk health data with that disk. This works most of the time but has issues when you want to identify a disk uniquely that has not been initialized yet, or a disk that has been cloned. The new system uses various points of identification, each having a higher priority than the next.
Starting from highest priority to the lowest:
– Direct I/O disk serial number
– GPT Signature + WMI Serial number + Disk size
– GPT Signature + WMI Model + Disk size
– GPT Signature + Disk size
– MBR Signature + WMI Serial number + Disk size
– MBR Signature + WMI Model + Disk size
– MBR Signature + Disk size
Since the disk serial number may not be available at all times, we can fall back to the legacy method of using the MBR / GPT in combination with the disk size. The new system works correctly if you plug in a disk into a port that allows access to a serial number, and then plug in the same disk into a different port that does not provide an accurate serial number. For the second connection we will fallback to the less reliable MBR / GPT method, but we will still attempt to match the disk with the correct scan data. Also, your old disk metadata will be automatically upgraded to the new Disk ID method, but the new system is not backwards compatible. Downgrading will wipe out your settings and scan history.
You can download this beta build from here.
You may also like -
Share this WHS Article with Others: