The beta build of StableBit DrivePool has had an update.
Version 188.8.131.5223 BETA has the following changes:
- Folder duplication changes will now only perform a background duplication pass over that folder instead or the entire pool (in most cases).
- Retired DrivePool’s folder size tracking. Folder sizes are now all reported using Windows Search.
Folder sizes are not used by DrivePool for anything internally, they are only reported to the user.
- [D] Implemented a 100% kernel mode file size tracking solution. It’s even faster than the old one and is directly synchronized with the file system.
– Full pool access even while re-measuring. Size modifications are kept track of.
– Keeps track of file size changes directly in the kernel with no user mode services involved.
– Saves pool part file sizes in the pool parts themselves, so sizes will even migrate between OS re-installs.
– Synchronized with background duplication (when changing the duplication level of a folder).
– Synchronized with re-balancing.
– Will need to re-measure the pool:
– After removing a disk.
– After accidentally unplugging a disk while the system is running.
- [D] Retired hybrid kernel / user-mode real-time file size tracking.
[D] = Driver was modified (reboot required after update)
You can download this latest beta release from here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: