The BETA build of StableBit DrivePool has been updated to version 22.214.171.12433
This latest version includes translations, fixes and its getting ready for final release:
- [D] Enabled all compiler optimizations in preparation for final release .
- When removing a drive from the pool, the pool is put into full read-only mode. Previously, only duplicated folders were read only. There are 2 reasons for this:
– Because the files that are being migrated will not be visible on the pool while they’re on the disk that’s being removed, any application that expects to see a set of interdependent files will only see a subset of them (E.g. The Windows Client Computer Backup service). We want to prevent such applications from making any changes to any files until the removal process completes and the full set of files is restored.
– If a file with the exact same name as a file that is being migrated from a disk that’s being removed is created on the pool, DrivePool will detect this and will NOT overwrite it. This was always the behavior but at the same time it will leave the un-migrated file on the disk that you’re removing. This can be confusing for the user because a number of files can be left behind after a disk is removed from the pool.
If you understand these issues and would still like to enable the old behavior of allowing write access while removing a disk, you can do so by turning off the new RemoveDrive_PoolReadOnly option in the .config.
- [D] Fixed issue where even if the pool was in read-only mode 0 byte files would be allowed to be created under specific conditions.
- Finalized translations for 1.2.1.
- Added balancing settings and re-measure to the pool tab (when pool drive is selected).
- Fixed Dashboard crash due to Windows Search error.
- [D] Got rid of a small bit of code that ran when a pool part arrived, it wasn’t doing anything useful.
[D] = Driver was modified (reboot required after update)
You can download this release from here.
You may also like -
Share this WHS Article with Others: