The Windows Server Essentials and Small Business Server Blog gives us a run down on the My Server app for windows phone for Windows Server 2012 Essentials (that’s a mouth full!).
Available now in the Windows Phone store the My Server app will allow you to view the following information from Windows Server 2012 Essentials:
- Server management and monitoring, enabling you to manage alerts, devices, or accounts.
- Access to shared folders and files.
- Keeps a history of the files that users have recently accessed so that they can reopen these files without navigating to a folder.
- A centralized library for media playback – The streaming logic has been we have optimized to deliver a better media experience over networks with differing bandwidths.
Admins can also:
- Check alerts by using My Server and ignore or repair them accordingly.
- Disable or enable any user account that you think is not in good status.
- Change the password of user accounts when necessary.
- Keep track of devices that have joined your server domain.
- Start or stop the backup process for any device online.
Lots more details are available in the following post on the Windows Server Essentials and Small Business Server Blog.
Share this WHS Article with Others: