Online retailer ServersPlus are offering the HP MicroServer N40L with an LCD screen mod.
The USB LCD panel displays 4 lines of 20 characters, which can display a wide range of information, such as:
- CPU speed and usage
- Memory usage (used/free)
- Storage space used/free on any drive or array
- NIC throughput / IP address
- Date, time, system uptime
- Email notifications
- Any RSS feeds (defaults include BBC news, weather)
- WinAmp or Windows Media Player currently playing info
- A wide array of plug-ins adding effects such as graphic equalizer etc.
This modded N40L ships pre-configured with 8TB HDD’s in a RAID 5 configuration comprising 2 x 4TB drives, internal 250GB OS HDD (mounted in optical bay, 8GB of DDR3 memory, Windows Home Server 2011 plus £100 cashback is available on this server.
If you have £600 available (ex VAT) then more details are available from here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: