With lots of new features and an extra language the 2012 version of the add-in AdminiMe has been released.
What is AdminMe?
It is an add-in that constantly monitors your server without you having to do anything. As the Home Server is a headless machine that is running non stop for long periods of times, and mostly hidden away in some closet/basement/small room; people don’t look at its ‘health’ to often. But in reality, it could be that the server’ CPU usage is high for very long periods, or errors are occuring, memory utilization is high,…To avoid this, you can use AdminiMe! It will monitor your server in the background without you having to do anything. And in case something goes wrong, it will notify you.
Added to this monitoring, it contains a console where you can watch all kinds of parameters in real-time. Things like CPU, memory, network, disks and all kinds of statistics like uptime, longest uptime, # of starts,…
But it doesn’t stop there, it also has shortcuts to the most relevant tools: Event Viewer, Task Manager, Performance Monitor, Remote Desktop. You also have the option to add your own shortcuts to applications! And next to that, there is a ‘Run-box’ which has the same functionality as the Windows Run Dialog. There is also a screen where you can view, which users have open files to the server shares. All events are kept in a log that can be consulted later on.
AdminiMe 2012 is a major upgrade for WHS version 1 with a version for WHS 2011 to follow.
Here’s what’s new:
- Top 5 current cpu consuming processes
- Top 5 current memory consuming processes
- Cpu temperature monitoring
- Statistics are kept on the number of shut downs, suspends, resumes, log offs
- Server name is listed in the email
- Server IP Address is listed in the email
- Option to shut down / reboot / … when a serious error occurs
- Execute a process when a failure or error occurs
- Redesign of the user interface
- Option to turn off the chart updates
- Support lnk files / command line switches
- Export logging
- Full support for Simplified Chinese
- A lot of tweaks underneath and some new settings
- The total number of days went into negative after 20+ days running nonstop
- Some GUI advancements
- Some other minor issues
AdminiMe 2012 costs 9 Euro whilst existing users can upgrade for 5 Euro, unless you purchased a copy of AdminMe between 1 October and
23 November 2011, in which case you can get it for free.
More details including the download can be found here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: