Serviio for Windows Home Server is an add-in for v1 users which integrates the free Serviio DLNA media server into the console.
With this add-in you can stream your media files (music, video or images) to any DLNA-certified renderer device (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console) on your home network.
- DLNA 1.5 compatible UPnP media server
- streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
- automatically updates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
- wide array of localized library browsing options
- supports different editable renderer profiles
- supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment
- extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter
- supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
- supports external subtitles
- categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
- any DLNA-compliant device should work
- Samsung TVs and Bluray players (supports additional features, e.g. subtitles)
- Sony TVs and Bluray players
- Panasonic TVs
- Playstation 3
- Xbox 360
- LG TVs and Bluray players (supports subtitles)
- Toshiba TVs
- WDTV Live
- Oppo BDP-83
- DirecTV DVR
- … and many more
Supported media files:
- Audio: MP3( .mp3), Windows Media Audio (.wma), AAC (.m4a), OGG (.ogg, .oga), FLAC (.flac)
- Video: MPEG-1 (.mpg, .mpeg), MPEG-2 PS (.mpg, .mpeg, vob, mod), MPEG-2 TS (.ts, .m2ts), MPEG-4 (.mp4, m4v, mov), AVI (.avi, .divx), Windows Media Video (.wmv, .asf), Matroska (.mkv), Flash (.flv, .f4v), DVR-MS (.dvr, .dvr-ms), WTV (.wtv)
- Image: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), GIF (.gif), PNG (.png)
You still have to install Serviio, but this add-in enables you to configure Serviio from inside your WHS console.
Currently in beta release, version 0.5.2.0 is available to download from here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: