The HP StorageWorks X310 has a hidden "Easter Egg" that allows you to change the order of the flashing drive LEDs.
To enable it you need to:
- Launch the Home Server Console by double clicking on the tray icon.
- Hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys and click on the picture of the computer next to the LED brightness control.
- The control changes to "HP Data Vault LED Light Show"
You can now select from the following light displays:
- Default System Lights
- Holiday Lights (perfect for this time of year)
- Descending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Ascending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Pulsing (in all colors)
- Night Rider (in all colors)
- Morse Code Credits
HomeServerLand has also posted a video, which shows you the light display in action:
Share this WHS Article with Others: