The beta version of StableBit DrivePool has had an update to provide a network I/O boost amongst other changes.
Version 18.104.22.16829 BETA includes the following changes:
- Fixed settings / state getting reset on upgrading.
- Added UI option for network I/O prioritization to the Disks DrivePool tab.
After some testing, this option seems to be effective at minimizing stutter when streaming high bandwidth media directly from the server (such as BluRay).
- Moved read striping option to the Disks DrivePool tab.
- [D] Added a new read striping algorithm called "block mode" after conducting some testing with read striping.
CoveFS will select the correct algorithm to use in real-time.
Added a number of read striping options to .config:
- [D] Added performance measuring instrumentation into the driver.
- Exposed CoveFS performance measurements, in real time, into the Dashboard.
Hidden feature exposed by hitting ‘P’ on the DrivePool tab.
- Added read striping and network I/O boost real-time visualizations to the DrivePool Disks tab.
When these features are actively working, you will see how much pool I/O is being affected, in percentages.
- Fixed installer service not starting on fresh install.
- Fixed delayed action firing too often, affecting much of the application. Delayed actions are used in the service and Dashboard, not in the file system.
[D] = Driver was modified (reboot required after update)
More details on the beta version of StableBit DrivePool can be found here.
Share this WHS Article with Others: